Well, somehow another year passed and I'm 25 years old. For my birthday Trent got me a snowboard and all the gear. I've never been before so on Saturday, my birthday, we dropped the kids off at Stacy and Taylor's (thanks again guys!) and headed up to Brighton. As you can see, the roads were insane and we had to go super slow, so we didn't get there in time for me to take a lesson.
If you've never been snowboarding, you wouldn't understand how ridiculous it is to try and get where you're going with just one foot strapped in. I think I pulled my groin within seconds of getting one foot strapped in. After trying to get used to getting around with just one foot in, we made our way to the lift. I was super scared to get off the lift for the first time. Luckily it was just Trent and I together on the lift so he is the only person I could knock over trying to get off.
The first time off the lift wasn't as bad as I expected, but I did fall on my butt.
And I'm not kidding! It was seriously the biggest workout! I spent 90% of the day trying to stand up after falling down. Way hard!


I think we were there for a little under 3 hours, and I made it down the little bunny hill 4 times! That's right, FOUR! We did take a little break after the second time down and had some chili and hot chocolate. My last time down the hill I really thought I'd broken my tail bone after eating it hard core, and I decided it was time to go.
The next day I was super sore, and still am actually. As soon as I recover I'll be ready to go again. It was fun even though I was exhausted and sore. After we picked up the kids, we came home and I hurried and showered and ran over to Olivia's dance recital. Of course I was a little late and her dance was first, so I missed it, but she doesn't have to know that. When I got home Trent had made me a birthday cake. We ate dinner and had cake then got in the car to go look at lights. Maxon loved them. He would get excited and point whenever he'd see them. There's a family that lives in a neighborhood by us that does this crazy light show. They live in a gated community and apparently the HOA decided they didn't want to leave the gates open this year so they had to move the light show to Lindon. We went and saw it and it was awesome. When you get there you tune your radio to a certain station and the lights change to the song. It is way cool. This picture obviously doesn't do it justice, but you get the idea.

It was a great birthday and a lot of fun. Thanks honey!



10 comments:
I am way way impressed that you got out to snowboard after just having a baby! You look super cute in your gear. Thanks for coming to Livvy's thing. Next time will be the charm to actually seeing her!
Noelle, I was going to text you Happy Birthday and then I forgot I don't have your number cause about a month ago I dropped my phone in the toilet and lost all the stuff that was on it. It looks like you had a fun birthday. Can you believe we are twenty five, crazy.
I am way impressed with your skills i doubt I could even stand up on a snow board let alone make it down the bunny hill 4 times.
Are you guys going to Blanding for Christmas? Kristi said nobody in your fam was going down.
Wow, good job. I have never been snowboarding either, I've heard it's way fun and so hard and frustrating your first time. I think I would have been to weak sauce that soon after having a baby. good job.
Happy Birthday!!
Happy Belated Birthday!! Sounds like you had a busy day! Those pictures of you falling while trying to snowboard are hilarious! Bryce keeps trying to convince me that we need to go snowboarding in Tahoe this year but I've never been before either and I'm afraid my day would go just as yours did.:) I think I'll just stick to skiing!:)
That is the coolest birthday! Happy Birthday! I can't believe you could go snow boarding not that long after having a BABY! Oh and where is that light show in lindon?
You look darling!! I have heard snow boarding is brutal to learn. Your pictures cracked me up...I can't believe Trent was snapping so many. I have a hard time getting Scott to take pictures. Happy Birthday!! You'll have to let me know where the light show is. I was wondering about it this year.
Happy birthday! It looks like you had a good day! Thanks for the Christmas card! It was so cute!
It looks like you had a great birthday! I wish I could go snowboarding right now! I love Scout's announcement and christmas card. The pictures are so cute!
Happy Birthday! I want to learn also!
Post a Comment