Thursday, December 11, 2008

All aboard!





We took Maxon and Scout up to Heber and hopped on the Polar Express and headed to the North Pole. Marilyn, Matt, Oakley and Addi also joined us. I definitely overestimated how cold it would be and was sweating bullets packing Scout around in the baby bjorn. The elves came around and served everyone cookies (baked by Mrs. Claus of course) and hot chocolate. I was occupied with Scout so I didn't even get to enjoy the cookies, and since I was 400 degrees I passed on the hot chocolate. Maxon and daddy ate the cookies.


All of the kids were in jammies and were all just so excited.  Mrs. Claus came onto our train and gave everyone her secret cookie recipe and talked to the kids.  Maxon didn't want to go near her but here's Addi and Oakley with her.
When we made it to the North Pole we could see Santa out the window and they stopped the train and all the kids yelled HO HO HO hoping Santa would join us on the train.  Luckily, he did.  When Santa came into our train car the kids all cheered and were super excited.  All but Maxon anyway.  This is Maxon standing there trying to figure out who that big guy in the red suit and white beard is.  
Addi and Oakley were so excited when Santa made it to their seat.  He gave everyone a bell from his sleigh.  The elf told Maxon his was from Prancer.  When Santa got within a few feet of Maxon he grabbed onto my leg to pick him up and was clinging on to me so tight!  He didn't want anything to do with that scary guy.  I didn't get any pictures of his terror, but I think Marilyn did so I'll have to post it later if she got a good one.

Here's Scout in her cute little jammies enjoying the ride.

It was a fun night even though we were squished into that little seat.  I think maybe next year Maxon will like it more and understand a little better what's going on (and hopefully not be terrified of Santa!).  Merry Christmas everyone!

7 comments:

Ham, Dan and Kaylie said...

You've got such a cute family! Little Scout is such a doll. Girls are so much fun huh!

Leslie Redd said...

Sounds like fun. All the little kids look so cute. Are you guys going to Blanding for Christmas?

Cambria, Ryan, Taeg, Tripp and Brigg said...

how fun. Taeg did the polar express last year with his grandparents. Your kids are too cute. Christmas gets better every year. Taeg really understands everything this year and it is SO much fun!!

Brittany said...

All kids under about 3 years old are afraid of Santa! Who wouldn't be? Some stranger in a big red suit with a big white beard saying HO, HO, HO! What a fun thing to go do as a family though. I'd love to go do that some time!

Emily said...

My kids had a good time on the Polor Express...I thought one way was long enough. They all look darling in their jammies!

Emily said...

My kids had a good time on the Polor Express...I thought one way was long enough. They all look darling in their jammies!

tanya.... said...

I want to go!! That looks like so much fun!! Your family is the cutest!!!