Tuesday morning we headed down to Blanding to celebrate Christmas! Our trip started out a little rough. With presents and stuff piled literally to the ceiling of our car, we were feeling a little claustrophobic and on top of that Maxon was already whining about 10 minutes into the drive. I tried giving him snacks and a drink but he wouldn't eat them, not like him. About 20 minutes into the drive he threw up all over himself! I guess his tummy just hurt because after that he was much happier. But now we had to smell throw up for the rest of the trip, yay! We made it to Blanding around 4. That night we had the "Lyman" family Christmas party at Kristi and Jeremy's. About a half hour before the party, Maxon was running from me and climbed on the couch and tripped and his forehead caught the edge of the end table. He immediately had a big goose egg on his head and he looked kinda like his dad did a few months ago from his flag football fiasco. Luckily he's a tough kid and only cried for a minute and was ready to party.

He discovered Grandma's piano and it was one of his favorite things to do all week. Maybe he'll be musical!

At the Christmas party that night all the little kids got to open a present and Maxon got a fire truck. Grandpa helped him open it.



Here's Grandma Black and Scout. I know I've said it many times, but Grandma is one of the most amazing ladies I know! She's 92 for crying out loud and can still do everything!

On Wednesday night, just like tradition, we had our "Halliday" family party at my parents house. It was a little louder and rowdier than last night's party to say the least. I think there were about 40 people there. We ate some yummy food then played "House on Fire", a new tradition of ours. It's a fun game where you roll dice and have to roll certain #'s to draw certain parts of your house and as soon as your house is all drawn, you win!

I have to say, I did pretty good. Last year not only did I never get my entire house built, I never even was the furthest along in my group when someone else won. This year however, I think I won 3 or 4 times! We had some pretty sweet prizes too. Here's Maxon with one of my prizes, some glow sticks.

I also won a gooey pig that you throw against the wall or floor and it splats, I think a little kid stole it though cuz I didn't end up with it by the end. I also won a grill (as in, fake gold teeth!), I looked pretty gangster.

After the game, as we always do, we sang Christmas songs.

After everyone left, we all got our Christmas jammies on. Here's Maxon and Scout in theirs (don't ask what Maxon's face is all about).

Trent got Maxon a motorcycle helmet and grandpa thought he'd try it on first. He actually got it on his head but had a hard time getting it off!

It fit Maxon much better.


Maxon was pretty excited about all his new cool toys. He got a Mickey Mouse clubhouse raceway, a "Little People" airport and police car, a remote control car and some clothes. After presents we ate our traditional biscuits and gravy. Here's Maxon enjoying his (minus the gravy)

Scout was also very excited about her first Christmas.

Maxon's favorite place was on top of the table where he could get right into whatever food was there. In this particular picture it was a bag of cookies he found.

I finally caught one of her cute little smiles on camera!

Apparently Trent, Maxon and I weren't very good this year because for Christmas we all got colds! No fun to be sick on Christmas. Please try to ignore the snot running down Maxon's face in 90% of these pictures, it was never ending! Despite the sicknesses we still had a great Christmas. It was much quieter this year since Kristi's kids and Maxon were the only little ones running around. Trent got me a new camera, which I'm pretty excited about. It's a Nikon D60 and I'm excited to learn how to use it. I also got some clothes, a purse, a ring and a wheat grinder (Trent thought a wheat grinder was the most boring gift I could ever get but apparently it was the hot item this year because 4 of my friends also got one!). I got Trent a new snowboard and bindings, a pass to Sundance and some clothes. It was so nice to get away for a few days and be with family. Blanding got so much snow and I loved it! Christmas time really is the best time of year for so many reasons. Of course the main one being reflecting on our Savior and celebrating his birth. I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas!
5 comments:
Seriously Noelle! I know I have told you this before but can Maxon get any cuter??!! Sounds like you guys had a great Christmas! FUN FUN!!
Um, Grant and I both love Nikon cameras! You have fun with that bad boy!
I'm so jealous! I missed being in Blanding this year. Matt even admitted Christmas with just us is pretty boring. Hopefully he won't fight me anymore about going to Blanding every year for Christmas:)
That is the nastiest looking bruise on poor Maxon's head!! Poor guy!! Yet only that kid could still look so stinkn cute with half his forehead swollen and purple!
That goose egg is INSANE...poor little man! He does look cute, however. Looks like you guys had a great Christmas! Your kids are cute as ever!
Looks like a great Christmas!! Scout does look a lot like you! And man, that goose egg on Maxon's head looks rough!! Poor little guy!
Post a Comment