Monday, January 5, 2009

Goodbye 2008!



We ended the year with an after Christmas party at Marilyn's on the 30th and then a New Year's eve party at our house the next night. Most of my family didn't make it to Blanding this year for Christmas so we decided we'd all get together to exchange our draw name gifts and of course eat more.



Maxon got a cool helicopter toy from Lexi that plays music and has different colored balls that go in it.  He loves it!


Scout got a spinny thing from Oakley, of course she loves it too.


Our New Year's eve party wasn't too exciting.  Mostly just another excuse to get together and eat a lot.  We pretty much all just lingered in the kitchen and ate!  We did bust out some Rockband.  I was a little rusty on my drumming skills.

Livvy and Addi at the party.  Aren't they the cutest?!  The kids had fun running wild.





Logi and Taylor are good buddies.  They actually ended up going into my bedroom and watching Shrek 3 together to ring in the new year.


Here's a shot at some serious "rockbanders".  Scott on the drums, Emily on the guitar and Colt with the vocals.  

2008 was another great year.  I swear the time just flies.  Somehow I'm a grown up, married with 2 kids!  Year 2 of marriage was just as great as the first.  Maxon is getting so big and getting to be there to see him learn new things every day is the absolute best thing in the world.  Watching him learn to walk was a highlight.  Also, him turning 1 year old was great.  He is such an amazing little boy and keeps me smiling all day long.  The day Scout joined our family was a great day.  She is such a sweet baby girl and I can't imagine life without her.  This grown up stuff isn't so bad.  I can't wait to see what 2009 has in store!

3 comments:

Jessie said...

Noelle, your awesome! This grown up stuff itsnt so bad at all! Somedays are hard for me with just one little one, you make it seem so easy with two! Your an inspiration! Seriously! Scout is getting big!! So cute!!

Laici said...

Your kids are so ADORABLE! And I agree with everyone that they look like you! I'm sure you make a great grown up, and an amazing mother of 2. And to comment on your previous post, there is nothing like puke and goose eggs to start a vacation huh! :)

P.S.I love rockband, and think there is no better way to bring in the new year than acting like punk teenagers wanting to make it big! :)

Brittany said...

Looks like a great New Years Eve! I've never played Rockband but I love Guitar Hero! That's my kind of fun!