All of our hard work!
On Thursday afternoon Kristi, Marilyn, Heather and I went over to grandma Blacks for a lesson on how to make her yummy spudnuts and cake doughnuts. For those of you who don't know my grandma, she is amazing. She is 92, totally independent, still drives, gardens, sews, bakes, cooks, and does everything! Since I can remember, grandma has made these amazing doughnuts. She makes these spudnuts that taste better than Krispy Kreme. And she also makes these yummy cake doughnuts with chocolate frosting. We made lots of doughnuts!
While we made doughnuts, the kids played. Grandma has had this marble game forever. It has yet to not entertain a single kid that plays with it. Maxon did like to stick the marbles in his mouth, but he also liked to watch them go down the chutes.

When we were mixing the dough, grandma totally showed us up. She could stir that dough like no 92 year old you've ever seen!


This is just one of the many pans of doughnuts we made. We took 2 big boxes of them out to the cabin with us. We didn't eat them all thank goodness, or we'd all be 300 lbs.
Until now, I haven't had a whole lot of food storage, so I'm glad there hasn't been need for it. Thinking about trying to get a year supply was always just overwhelming! I've got a good start now, and I'm so glad!



3 comments:
Hey! It was so such a fun week. I am so excited for your baby! I think we need to switch pictures because I have them all of you and you have them of me so I hope you don't mind that I stole a few! Love you!!
When the time comes for the need for food storage I'll be heading to your house....that is after 72 hrs. ofcoarse because I'm covered for that long.:) Seriously, how do you store a years worth of food in an apartment?? Those doughnuts look sooooo good!! I hope you didn't forget to take some to Tiff!:)
To all who read my comment, Noelle brought Me and Tiff some doughnuts and they were SOOOO good!!! Thanx Noelley!!!
Post a Comment