2 days after Maxon's birthday we had his party. We invited a bunch of friends and family and ate some yummy Smokehouse BBQ, birthday cake and cupcakes. The plan was to make bug cupcakes (it was a bug theme party) for everyone, and to make a big cupcake cake just for Maxon. I bought a cake pan for the big cupcake cake, but apparently I should have done a trial run before the day of the party. I don't know what my problem was, but after 2 failed attempts, I had to call my mom and ask her to stop on her way to the party and buy a cake. Thanks mom!! So although Maxon didn't get the cake I had planned on, thanks to grandma, he had a cake just for him.
We sang Happy Birthday and with Carter's help, blew out the candle.
A lot of 1 year olds hesitate when given the chance to dig into a cake on their first birthday, Maxon didn't have that problem. He knew exactly what to do!
And he did a good job!
After he made the biggest mess he could possibly make, with cake in every crevice, I threw him in the bath for a quick rinse before presents.
The last present he opened was from mommy and daddy. It was his own little power wheels 4 wheeler!



7 comments:
How fun!! I love that he had no problem digging into his cake. He had it everywhere! hahaha. You are a very good little mom.
Happy Birthday Maxon!! isnt it so fun to throw your kids a party! I loved it. I am sorry about your cake. I made one for Sophie. next time you need a cake call me. thats what I do. I would love to make some cakes for you. Corey and I were talking the other day and we want to get together with you guys sometime. call us anytime, I dont think that we have you number do have ours? talk to you soon.
Fun party, I'm glad we could come. Radley is starting to love to play with other kids, I wish we were closer, but we should try and plan a couple of outings together...maybe we could meet in Salt Lake and let them play in those kid water fountains at Gateway or something.
What a cute birthday party!! Maxon looked like he absolutely enjoyed his cake!! And he looks like a little stud riding on his new wheels!
That was a fun party and the food was great! Thanks for the invite. Happy Bday Maxon!! =)
Thanks for the yummy donuts you brought! it was fun to see you guys!
Thanks for the yummy donuts you brought! it was fun to see you guys!
Post a Comment