Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Labor day weekend at the Colorado cabin



Friday morning, after all our canning and bottling, we headed out to the Colorado cabin.  Our husbands, and the rest of the family, met us out there that night.  Every one of the Lyman clan was there.  

Maxon loved riding the 4 wheeler with daddy.  It was so cute, he would just sit there and lounge on Trent's lap.  



On Saturday night we went to Bear creek to look for bears.  We'd saved all our food scraps and had put them out hoping to attract a bear.  Apparently our food scraps weren't good enough for the bears because we had no luck.  Or maybe Maxon was too loud and scared them away.  For future reference, taking a baby to watch for bears isn't the best idea.  


My mom just bought 2 horses, and this is panda.  I didn't think I had a very good chance of climbing up on the horse to give Maxon a ride, so he rode with daddy.  He wasn't too sure of the whole thing, but he looked really cute.

It was such a fun weekend!  Maxon is teething, so he was a little grouchy.  None of his other teeth have bothered him much, but apparently the k9's are more painful for him.  Both Friday and Saturday nights, he was up all night crying, which is totally not like him.  So of course, by Sunday, Trent and I were both exhausted (and probably everybody else because you can pretty much hear everything from every room in the cabin, sorry guys!).  We had kinda decided we'd go home Sunday, instead of staying until Monday like our original plan.  But when it decided to rain all day Sunday, we didn't think we better try and leave because the roads can get a little slippery when it rains.  So we stayed, and luckily, Maxon slept all night.  We made it home last night and we were all pretty tired.  I think I went to bed at 9 last night, and 9 is sounding pretty good for tonight too.  I'm so glad everyone was able to come.  There were 26 of us there (15 adults and 11 kids), oh and 8 dogs!  It was way fun!

2 comments:

Tiffany P. said...

Hey! What I wouldnt give for some of those donuts right now!!! they were unbelievable. Sometime I want you to come over and give me a lesson. Hopefully Maxon is feeling better now. Dang teeth. good job on the food storage. Let me know if you find anything out about a wheat grinder.

Brittany said...

Sounds like a way fun Labor Day weekend! Maxon looks cute on just about anything! It was so fun going to lunch with you girls before I left Blanding! I'm glad you were able to come. It was good to catch-up!