Thursday, July 30, 2009

Big enough for pig tails, big enough to crawl... must be 9 months old!



Little Scouty is 9 months old! Her hair is getting long enough on top that I can put little pony tails in it and of course I'm loving it! Her little piggy tails kinda just shoot straight up and it's so cute!


She started crawling about 2 weeks ago and now cruises all over the house. She wasn't every a very grumpy kid but is especially happy now that she can explore. I'm still getting used to the fact that when I leave the room there's a good chance she won't be there when I get back. I also have realized how dirty my floors are and am trying hard to keep them clean. Everything she gets her hands on goes into the mouth. She takes 2 naps, one at 10 AM, and one at 2. Her 2nd nap is during Maxon's nap so it's nice to have a couple hours to get stuff done without being interrupted a million times. She wakes up between 7:30 and 8 every morning, and will usually just play in her crib for 1/2 hour or longer so I can lay in bed. She's very happy when she wakes up and gets the biggest smile when you go to get her out of her crib. We just moved her crib mattress down because she has started pulling herself up on things. Her legs are really strong and she loves to stand and hold herself up on things.
She loves her brother and he is usually really sweet to her (besides the occasional kick to the head). He is actually getting pretty good about sharing with her. If she has a toy that he wants, he will get another one to trade her for and she is usually ok with that. She is very entertained by watching him play.
She is the sweetest girl and smiles all day long. She hasn't developed much stranger anxiety yet. At her 9 month check up today she just had 1 Hep B shot and didn't even cry! She weighed 20 lbs and is 28 inches long. The exact same measurements as Maxon at 9 months! She's a little chub and I love it. She looks just like mommy looked as a baby. We've compared pictures and it's pretty dang close. Grandpa Lyman even went as far as to say she looks more like me than I did! She is such a happy, sweet, easy going girl and I can't imagine my life without her!

5 comments:

Jessie said...

She is SO stinkin' cute Noelle!!!

Crew is still working on his leg strenght, and is just now starting to figure out how those legs of his work. He has been a pretty lazy kid, but I guess I can't blame him, I would probably be lazy too if I had someone to cater to my every need!

Crew is SO close to crawling and I CAN'T wait till he can entertain himself a little better!

Andy & Alicia said...

She is so cute! I for sure think she looks just like you.

Jenn C. said...

Your kids are so cute! I love the pigtails!!!

Emily said...

What a doll! Both of your kids are so stinking cute!

Brittany said...

So cute!! She is getting big! I love her hair...so cute!