We spent the weekend relaxing at Bear Lake. Tyrel's in-laws have a cabin there and are nice enough to allow them to hold Wenus Fest there every year (this was our first year going, but will definitely not be our last!). The cabin is right on the golf course and the views are beautiful. The lake water is so clear, not at all like Utah Lake like we're used to. We got there Friday afternoon just in time for lunch. Pulling the boat it took us about 3 hours to get there, not too bad. After eating lunch, we all packed up to head to the lake. We launched the boat and spent the rest of the day wake boarding.

Here's Maxon sporting his shades. He loves the boat!

Here's me and some of the girls (Dev, Stace and Lace)

The boat is great at naptime. Puts them to sleep every time! Uncle Taylor was nice and held him while he snoozed.

Dad and Maxon swimming. The water was pretty cold but Maxon didn't even care. He loved it!

He also loved playing in the sand.

There's my hubby holding down the boat. It was so packed that most of the time we didn't have a bouey to tie the boat to so Trent got to stand there and keep it from floating away while we unloaded and loaded on the beach. Thanks honey!

Tyrel brought fun little things for the kids to do, and decorating cupcakes was one of Maxon's favorites.

He may have licked the knife and stuck it back in the community icing a few times, oops!

He poured about an inch of those blue sugar sprinkles on after he licked all the icing off the cupcake!

He thinks he's such a big kid and always wants to do what the big kids are doing. They were outside playing this game with these ball things and were so cute and nice to let him have turns.

I realized I didn't get a whole lot of pictures of Scout this trip. Oops, sorry Scouty, love you! Here's one of her waiting patiently for daddy to give her another bite of his raspberry shake.

The one thing I heard from everyone when I told them we were going to Bear Lake was, "you have to have one of their amazing raspberry shakes". Apparently they're famous for their raspberries and raspberry shakes. They were pretty tasty. (I know, Trent has a hard time looking happy in pictures. I swear if he doesn't look grouchy, he looks drunk)

Here's all the gals (minus Cassie, who left the night before the rest of us) getting our pose on. (Chanelle, Marci, Laici, me, Stacy, Devan, Kacey and Tyrel).

And here's the whole crew (minus Trent, who was anchoring the boat). Sam holding Maggie, Chanelle, Julia, Cassie, Brandon, Laici, Tye holding Jacelyn, Tanner, Havyn, Stacy, Taylor, Marci holding Boston, Taylor, Jayden, Justice, Devan holding Radley, Chris holding Demsey, Tyrel, Jack holding Krew, and me holding Maxon! 16 adults and 13 kids!
And last but not least... the winners of the weekend with their prize!

Kacey and Joe!!! A winner is chosen each year by no particular criteria at all. And the prize for winning is this beautiful egg with a moose painted on it! The rules are you must put the egg on display proudly, anywhere in your house for 1 year! (Kacey totally got a sympathy vote if you ask me! If you notice her left thumb is all wrapped up, she cut it and had to get stitches the night before! Now that I think about it, I never actually saw stitches. She probably just wrapped it up and pretended to be injured!) JK, love you Kace! I think they really won because everyone knew they were getting married soon and would be decorating a new place and needed some nice art for the new place! I'm sure you'll find somewhere nice to display it proudly!
It was such a fun weekend! We laughed a lot and had a lot of fun! Thanks again Saunders for inviting us! Until next year......
5 comments:
We are the champions......I love it! I also love that you can just see enough of my finger to see the bandage. It's totally legit Noelle, ok? I sent Stace a text picture of it, so she can confirm. :)
You guys look like you had SO.MUCH.FUN!!! Nothing like a big get together with all your buddies!
And that Kacey...I know how she rolls, she probably totally faked it!
Well, I'm just going to say that I am soooo sad that I am moving out and that I am not going to be part of the lovely egg everyday. HAHA! Sucka.
Oh Noelley, you are so on the ball...I knew you'd already have a post about the trip. I'm just starting to think about downloading the pics to the computer which means it'll take a few more days for that to actually happen. Maybe I'll just post a link on my blog to yours so they can read about the trip. Good work, it was way fun...I can't believe there were almost as many kids as adult, crazy!
Looks like tons of fun! That is a huge group of people! So fun!
Post a Comment