Friday we all went out to the dam to play in the water. Marilyn, Kristi and I biked out there. Then we swam across and back, then biked back home (we had a little break after the swim to eat some lunch). That's a portion of the triathlon that's in a couple weeks so we're all ready now. Bring on the Hillman! After we got back to town I took the girls to get a snow cone. It had been way too long and it was delicious.
Saturday morning I got up bright and early to run the 5k with my mom and dad, Marilyn, Kristi, Stacy and Taylor. Every race I've ran, the morning of the race, I find myself wondering why in the world I am paying somebody so that I can wake up really early and go and run 3 miles..... It just really doesn't make sense, and ESPECIALLY not at 6 AM! Well, we all finished and had breakfast there at the park. After we showered we made our way to our usual parade watching spot in front of the south chapel. Maxon liked the parade, especially the candy being thrown at him. This year I finally was not pregnant so I got to play in the volleyball tournament. In the past it's been sand volleyball, but since the whole celebration was moved to centennial park this year, they decided to make it a grass tourney so it could be down where all the action was. Trent even agreed to play this year. Our team was me, him, Tyrel, Angie and Kolton (Kolton filled in for Tyrel when baby Krew needed her services). They had 4 courts set up, as opposed to the usual 2, so I thought it would get over sooner than it has in the past. Boy was I wrong. It started about noon, right after the parade, and probably got over around 8 or 8:30. The weather was actually pretty nice, there were clouds that hid the sun a lot of the time. At one point in the day, while we were playing, it started to rain a little, then a lot, and got super windy. We eventually paused the game and ran for cover.
We ended up playing 11 games! Exhausting! We were pretty beat. We took 2nd in our bracket. When we finally finished, we had just enough time to run home, shower, and be back in time for the fireworks.
I literally took like 2 pictures all day. Maxon was so cute watching the fireworks! He was so excited! I was so tired that I kept closing my eyes while I was laying there, and if he noticed he would pry my eyes open with his fingers to make sure I didn't miss the action. Great day!
Trent came home Sunday with Matt, and I decided to stay down 1 more day and me and the kids rode back up with my mom on Monday.



0 comments:
Post a Comment