Last Wednesday we said bid farewell to Josh at the MTC. He's off to serve the Lord for 2 years, going to the France Paris mission. I have to admit, I got a little choked up seeing "little" Joshy all grown up and going on a mission all by himself. The previous Sunday was his farewell in church and I got emotional there too. While he was up there speaking I couldn't help but think about my little boy, and although it seems like a million years away, someday I'm going to be the one sending off my baby. Maxon loves his uncle Joshy. Josh vowed to not miss a BYU football home game this last season since he'll miss the next 2 seasons, and so we got to see him quite a bit because he and his friends would stay at our house. Josh and I have had our fair share of fights and arguments through the years, but he really has grown into a great kid and I'm going to miss him. I'm glad I got to go see him off at the MTC.
The night before he went into the MTC we had one more Bon Voyage to say our goodbyes. We had pizza from The Pizza Factory (yum) and breadsticks and I even made "Elder Squashy" missionary tag cookies. I asked Josh what treat he'd miss most for the next 2 years and he said Snickers and cheesecake, so I made him a Snickers Cheesecake.


Later that night Maxon managed to snatch one of Josh's ties while he was trying to get everything packed up. Fits perfect!
When Josh was born, I was 6 years old and had the chicken pox. I was so excited for a little brother, and was super bummed because I couldn't even get near him because of the dang chicken pox. I had to stay at relatives houses for a while. I did get to see him when my parents brought him home, but only through a window :( I remember I was so excited to tell everyone at school about my little brother and how cute he was. One classic Josh story (other siblings chose not to share embarrassing stories, but I couldn't help it) took place one night at the San Juan High school gym during a boys basketball game. Josh was probably 4 or 5 years old, which meant I was just at the age where I thought I was all cool sitting there with my friends watching the game. Just before the teams returned to the court, Josh ran down on the court, just in front of where I was sitting, dropped his pants, and peed on the court! I was totally embarrassed and just tried to pretend I had no idea who the kid peeing on the court was. Josh has since learned better and to my knowledge hasn't pulled that stunt again. He is going to be an awesome missionary. Everyone who meets him loves him. Love you Squashy!



2 comments:
I cannot believe Josh is old enough to go on a mission! I seem to always forget that as I age so does everyone else.:) Oh and P.S. I'm really impressed with the Snickers Cheescake! Did you really make that??
He was actually 3 at the time and had just barely gotten potty trained!!!!
Post a Comment