Thursday, February 5, 2009

Happy Birthday baby!



I'm a couple days late but wanted to give a shout out to my wonderful husband for his Happy Birthday. Trent turned 1 year older on Tuesday. We celebrated his birthday last weekend. I invited some of his friends to go to lunch with us on Saturday and then we all went to the FastKart indoor speedway. It's a go kart race track in Murray. The cars go up to 40 mph, but I don't think Terry or Claire went over about 12 mph! Not that it matters, because it was just for fun, but I totally took 1st place! I think there were 8 of us and I came in 1st. Trent thought it was kinda mean for me to beat him on his birthday, and maybe it was, but if you know me, I'm a little competitive. It was a 40 lap race, but Trent and I were the only ones to actually finish 40 laps. I think we lapped Claire 8 times! It was lots of fun, I'd recommend it. Last night, on his actual birthday, we took the kids to the circus. It was fun, Maxon was a little ancy though and lost interest quickly.

Scout was very good and slept through most of it.

I am so grateful to be married to such a great guy.  He is such a great daddy.  Him and Maxon really are best friends and nothing makes me happier than watching them play together and see their special bond.  Trent gets up with Maxon almost every morning so I can sleep as long as Scout will let me (which isn't much).  They eat breakfast together then he turns on cartoons up in the exercise room for Maxon to watch while he works out.  Maxon gets so excited when he hears the garage door open when Trent gets home from work.  He drops whatever he's doing and runs as fast as he can to find daddy.  Trent loves his little girl too.  Her little smile melts his heart, I can see it in his eyes.  Trent works so hard to give us a wonderful life and I'm so thankful to know no matter what, he'll always take care of us.  He spoils me all the time.  I'm such a lucky girl to be married to him.  Happy Birthday honey!  I love you!

2 comments:

Jessie said...

Happy Birthday Trent!

That kart race track sounds awesome!! And I love that you took 1st place! I totally would of went for 1st also... birthday or not!

Grant always gets up with Crew so I can catch some extra zzZ's in the morning as well! Sounds like we got ourselves some winners!!

I have only met Trent once, but because I read your blog I feel like I know him and he seems great! Good for you Noelle!!

Brittany said...

Happy Birthday to Trent! I haven't been to the circus in forever but I'll bet it would be cool to go again! The go carts sound fun too! What a fun birthday for Trent!