Wednesday, February 25, 2009

18 Months old already?!




My little boy is 18 months old. Where the heck did the last year and a half go?! I think he's officially a toddler now, no longer a baby. Big enough to go to nursery!  Yay!  So far nursery has been pretty successful.  Both times he's gone, he's cried for a few minutes when we drop him off, but then is fine after a little bit.  He is a very active little boy and never stops. I think at about 16 months he dropped his morning nap, and now just takes one 2-3 hour nap in the afternoon. He has definitely mastered "fit throwing". He's been practicing now for a couple months and has recently figured out how to make all bones in his body disappear and melt onto the ground into a blob. It's really pleasant to witness. He fights getting strapped into his car seat quite a bit. He isn't a big fan of clothes. If I would let him, he'd run around in a diaper (or no diaper) all day long (and some days I do). Is it me, or does it appear he has hit the terrible 2's a little early?? OK, I've made it seem like he is just a little stinker, but luckily he is still very sweet. In fact, he has never been a big cuddler, but lately will cuddle more. When Trent gets home from work Maxon screams when he hears the door open and runs and gives him a big hug. (Although, sometimes he does tease him and will run towards him, then turn around and sprint the other way) He still loves his little sister so much. He loves to give her kisses and hugs in the morning to tell her good morning. He weighs 26 lbs. 10 oz. and is 33 1/2" tall.  He's not a big talker. He only says a few words and it's not very often. Well, he babbles all day long, just in his own language. The only english words he says are "hot", "fishy", "night night" and sometimes "dada". We'll keep practicing. He has mastered pointing to body parts. He knows eyes, ears, nose, tongue, hair, belly, toes. Everything he does is on his terms. If he's in the mood, he'll play along, otherwise, don't expect any "tricks".


Him and his daddy have become such good buddies.  Trent gets up with Maxon almost every morning and they hang out and eat breakfast and watch cartoons together.  It's the cutest thing ever.  One of Maxon's favorite things to do is to go upstairs and from the loft area, throw a ball down to us, and we throw it back etc, etc..  He loves it!  He is such a fun kid and keeps us entertained always.  I love his guts!

9 comments:

Jessie said...

THis post was rather refreshing, Im SO glad to hear that Crew is not the only stinker. I was beginning to wonder!

Well by the pictures he looks PERFECT!! Like all those things you said about him could NEVER happend! He must just no how cute he is and knows at the end of the day you guys will still love him! Fit throwing and all!

Cambria, Ryan, Taeg, Tripp and Brigg said...

He is such a cute kid, Noelle. THat's pretty good he lasted that long with two naps. Tripp did away with the morning nap B4 he was 1. If he is a stinker, you'd never know it by his pictures...so cute!

Jacci said...

he is so cute! isnt it scary how fast time goes. our sweet babies grow up so fast. I too feel like Sophie is a big girl now. It is so much fun but it also makes me so sad. by the way the taco meat, if you havent made it already is so good! I cooked about an hour longer than it said. I also did 4 lbs. so it was a lot bigger than the one he used. It was really yummy though! you for sure need to try it!

Inouyes said...

He is so big and has grown into such a young man. We love maxon every chance I get to see him @ work I love to show him off and he is just always dressed up like a STUD!

Andy & Alicia said...

I love the pictures. Did you take those with your new camera? ;) He is so cute. So if he is going through the terrible two's early does that mean that they will be over sooner? HOPEFULLY!

Emily said...

Those are really great pictures! I think it some times really hard not to laugh at them when they are throwing a fit. Good luck with that! He is so cute...

The Bradshaws said...

Oh Noelle, it all sounds sooo familiar. I also can't believe that Radley is getting so big so fast...time has FLOWN by. I was also thinking that the terrible 2's had come waaay too early, so I'm glad to hear Maxon can throw fits too. He is such a cutie, we really need to get together soon and let them hang out!

Brittany said...

He is a super cute 18 month old little boy! I've never seen the tantrums myself so I have no bad images of him in my head! He's just so dang cute and I love his dark complexion.....actually I'm jelous of his dark complexion.

Tina said...

You have cute kids!! Maxon looks like the cutest big brother. Scout is getting so big!!