Sunday, March 15, 2009

We still got it!



I'm a little late with this post, but thought it was worth documenting.  2 weeks ago I played in a volleyball tournament in Moab with some friends.  My team consisted of me, Leslie R., Kendra B., Angie Z., Autem J., and Cori J. (Autem's sis in law).  Even in our old age, we still kicked some booty!  Friday night we played 3 pool play games, ending at 1 AM!  5 hours later (and not a whole lot of sleep for me with Maxon crying all night), at 6 AM, games started back up.  We played 2 more pool play games that morning and were then put in brackets.  I can't remember for sure, but I think we played 5 more games in tournament play.  We ended up playing in the championship, but lost a close game to a good team.  2nd place, not too shabby for a bunch of has-beens!  I can't remember the last time I was as tired as I was Saturday night.  We got done playing about 10 PM.  That's a lot of volleyball on like 1 hour of sleep!  Trent came and supported us (and watched Maxon) and of course my parents wouldn't miss out on an opportunity to re-live my glory days lol  It's a good thing they came though, Maxon was all over the place and I think poor little Scout would have been left to fend for herself.  So thanks again for coming and supporting and taking care of Scout mom and dad!  It was lots of fun!  It was a whole different experience playing in a volleyball tournament now-a-days.  Kids running around, players pushing strollers, moms sitting on the sidelines nursing (me included!).  There were 43 teams in the tournament, so taking 2nd in our bracket was satisfactory!  Until next year...
Come on, my hands are above the net a little, not too bad for an old lady like me!



4 comments:

Brittany said...

That's awesome!! Way to go "old folks"!! I'm seriously not surprised though! You guys have always loved playing and are very good at it too!

Jessie said...

Good for you guys!!! I havent played in so long!

But I do predict that if I was to play, every time I would jump up and down I would probably pee a little.

I feel like I am 80 with a loose bladder or something.

Okay, maybe not that bad...but you get the idea!

Emily said...

wow! check out that verticle!

Emily said...

wow! check out that verticle!