Trent has played in this flag football league for like 8 years and he claims he still has a few good years in him. When you have players on your team who have kids as old as most of the teams you play, you would think it's about time to give it up right? Nope! Last Tuesday they had 2 games, and with a couple minutes to go in the second game, Trent was the last hope to pull the flag of a guy on the other team who was about to score. The guy was running full speed at him and when Trent went to pull his flag, he pulled some spin move and somehow Trent's forehead caught his elbow. It started gushing blood, but it swelled up so fast that the bleeding stopped pretty quick. Trent said it was one of the most painful things ever. Needless to say, he didn't finish the game, and we left to see a Dr. We just went to an Instacare and he got 3 stitches.
This picture was taken a couple hours after it happened, and surprisingly, the swelling had gone down a little. It was pretty freaky looking. He looked like some sort of Star Trek guy.

This was on Friday. The black eye just got worse, but he looks pretty tough right? (or maybe not so tough, cuz if it was a fight he was in, there's a good chance he lost if he looks like this!)

He had 2 more games yesterday afternoon and you better believe he played. If this doesn't make him throw in the towel, I don't know what will!



6 comments:
OH my! That looks awful! I would never say he was too old to play! I just hope he has enough energy for Scout and Maxon!
way to take one for the team trent! well @ least you know he's not a quitter noelle:)
That looks painful but at the same time it makes me laugh because my husband sustained a bad injury playing flag football 2 years ago! He snapped a tendon in his left hand and had to have surgery all because of flag football. It cost us an arm and a leg for the surgery and I threatened him to never play flag football again. He's in his 30's and I tell him he's too old for those kind of things!:)
Oh my gosh! I gasped big time when I saw that first picture. That couldn't not have felt good. Yikes! Poor guy!
Poor Trent...I know how that goes though Noelle, Chris is always trying to act way younger than he is and push his luck. I don't know what we're going to do with our old hubby's :) So, you are getting so close to the big day! How are you feeling? I'm so excited for you and still need to get you a present!
My vote is yes he's too old, mostly just because those pictures kind of made me sick to my stomach - it looks so painful!
Post a Comment