
Trent and I decided it was time for a few days with just us, so we left Maxon behind for the first time and went to Vegas for a few days. Trent had to meet some people from work for something there, so I tagged along. Luckily, grandma and grandpa Lyman were nice enough to come up and take care of Maxon Friday and Saturday, then handed him off to aunt Stacy and uncle Taylor for Saturday night and Sunday. It was strange to have a few days without a baby, and we both missed him a lot, but it was lots of fun. We flew there Friday afternoon, and got there about 3:00 PM. After we made it to the Stratosphere where we stayed, we got checked in and then headed off to find a buffet for dinner. We were going to a show at The Rio that night, so we decided we'd just hit up their buffet. It was decent, but not the best. After dinner, we went to "Penn and Teller", a comedy/magic show. It was pretty good. What was interesting was that after some of the magic tricks they did, they showed you how to do them. After the show, we went and checked out the convention center there at the Rio where the World Series of Poker is held. It was pretty insane. A lot of poker going on! Then we decided we'd hit the hay (not very "vegas" of us to go to bed so early, but hey, I need my sleep!). Saturday morning we slept in, then ate breakfast at the buffet at our hotel. Then we decided to do some shopping. We went to Planet Hollywood to the shops and walked around a little, then decided to walk up to Ceasars to go to the Forum shops. Not the best decision. It was like 114 degrees outside, I had a lot more clothing on than most of the people there, and I'm pregnant. Not a good combination! I didn't know if I was going to make it. It was heat like I've never felt before. But luckily, I managed to make it and we had a delicious lunch at The Cheesecake Factory. Then we did a little more shopping there, then headed back to the car (which was back at Planet Hollywood :( On the way back, we tried to walk through a few hotels so we could avoid being in the sun as much as possible, and we eventually made it. We went back to the hotel and rested a little and got freshened up for another show. That night we went to the Cirque Du Solei show "Love" at the Mirage. It was pretty good. It is a crazy circus of dancing, crazy trampolene jumping, rollerblading tricks, swinging from the ceiling on ropes and bungee cords, and just craziness. We had seats on the 4th row, so we were all up in the action. We've been to one other Cirque Du Solei show, Mystere, and we loved it. We didn't like this one as much, a little too much dancing, and not enough acrobatic stuff, but it was still really cool. After the show, we had dinner there at the buffet, which was a lot better than The Rio buffet, then went back to the hotel and went to bed (again, not very "Vegas" of us, but oh well). Sunday morning we slept in until past 10 AM! It was great. We had breakfast at the buffet, then hung out at the pool for about an hour before it was time for me to get to the airport and fly home. I got home Sunday evening, but Trent stayed until Monday to play golf. It was a fun, relaxing, hot trip. I'm so glad we had a little get away together before our baby girl is born, because I have a feeling things are going to get a little crazy after that. I was so excited to see Maxon, and I think he was excited when I got home too. Thanks so much mom and dad and Stacy and Taylor for your help!



5 comments:
So I've been playing a little co-ed city league softball this year (really I'm just a sub when they need me but oh well) anyway, They put me in right field (of course) and everytime I'm out there i start laughing because I think of when we would play midnight madness on the same team, and how we would play right field together and always hear and see the funniest things out there, and how we could honestly just sit down and no-one would notice. I always hear little kids singing funny songs, and then last night the other team kept hitting home runs over the fence and this little indian kid would go and get the ball, and everytime he would talk to me and be like "hey where'd it go" or "hey, hey! it's in the same place" and then he would start to climb over the fence grunting the whole time while he tried to get his belly over. Sorry for the long comment, but I just had to remind you of it. :)
P.S. I'm way jealous of your vegas getaway. It sounds like you guys had so much fun. I love the shows in Vegas!
Sounds like you guys had a fun time in Vegas with lots of buffets and some cool shows!! I'm definitely jelous!! I can't wait for Bryce to be done studying so we go on a little vacation together!! Oh- I was going to ask you if you were more hot in Vegas walking up the strip or in Blanding on the 4th waiting in the "disneyland like" lines at the church! That day was so flippin' hot!!!
Oh that sounded like fun (minus the hot part). They say more people go on trips before a baby than honeymoons. Crazy. Do you have a name picked?
Noelle, we would love to come hangout sometime sorry that we didnt make it last time. call me next time my number is 801 518 3233
talk to you soon!
Post a Comment