Thursday, July 17, 2008

11 month olds can feed themselves right?



Not so much!  I was trying to feed Maxon some ravioli and green beans (a delicious Gerber Graduates lil entrees meal), and he wasn't having it.  He just kept spitting out whatever I put in his mouth.  He likes to check things out when I put them in his mouth so he has to spit them out into his hand before he'll eat it.  Usually he'll stick it back in his mouth once he's made sure it's edible (which is strange, cuz he'll feed himself dirt, rocks, etc, and not think twice about it).  But if I feed it to him, I guess he just doesn't trust me.  Anyway, so he kept spitting out the ravioli and green beans, only, he wouldn't put it back in and actually eat it.  So, I decided to just let him go to town with it on his own.  I don't think much actually made it into his mouth, but he sure had a fun time.  He had it on pretty much every inch of his body when he was done.  If I tried taking the spoon away, because it seemed like it was just in the way, he freaked out.  Silly mom, of course you need a spoon to eat!

5 comments:

Ham, Dan and Kaylie said...

He's so dang cute!

Cambria, Ryan, Taeg, Tripp and Brigg said...

So cute Noelle! Sometimes it is just better to let 'em go to town and deal with the mess later :)

Brittany said...

Wow!! Now that's how you eat Ravioli!!:)

Cheyn said...

That is funny he wouldn't eat without his utensil. Oh good and thanks for the heads up about seven peaks. I get off in AF at noon on friday so I think I have your number and will text you to see how long you'll still be there. BBQ? I'm in but Garrin doesn't get home till 8:30, what time are you planning and what would you like me to bring?

Kim said...

Noelle- I know it's so hard to let your toddler feed himself, but you HAVE to do it. I NEVER let Austin feed himself and it was so awful. He expected me to feed him until he was about 3 and even after that he still had a hard time eating some things on his own. He's 5 now and I finally feel like he can eat everything by himself. CRAZY!! You better believe I let both my girls make those messes all the time and they are great eaters by themselves! It's all worth it.