Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Sweet Rome



My sweet Rome is 2 weeks old.  She has been an angel and I just love the feeling a new baby brings to a home.

Scout can't get enough of her.  She asks to hold her 4000 times a day and really has been such a big help.  She just loves her baby sister so much!

My cute kids.  I can't believe there are 4 of them!  That's a lot of kids!  But luckily I got the best!


Rome has been so much fun the first 2 weeks.  It took her a couple nights to figure out we sleep at night and play during the day, but she's got it down now.  She eats about every 3 hours during the day, and at night her first stretch is anywhere from 4-6 hours, then usually every 3 after.  Last night she went 6 hours, then ate, then another 4.  I can totally handle that!  She still sleeps a lot during the day.  I keep wondering when she's going to start having longer stretches of being awake to play.  I'm not complaining though, I love a sweet sleeping baby.  I'm really trying my best to just stop and cuddle her as much as possible, because I'm pretty sure this is my last chance I'll have with a newborn of my own. As I type this, she's laying on my chest sleeping, making cute little baby noises.  I think I probably kiss her 1 million times a day.  Those cheeks are just so kissable and she is just so yummy.

She had her 2 week visit at the Dr. yesterday.  Like a champ, she's up to 8 lbs 9 oz!  A full pound from when she left the hospital.  Somehow she's grown an inch too.  I just love her and feel so blessed to have her.  My little family feels so perfect (don't get me wrong, it's complete chaos at times) and I couldn't be happier!

0 comments: