I don't mean to brag, but my hubby's got mad skills. He's busted out a few construction projects that I thought needed to be documented.
The first one he actually built a couple years ago. He got the idea in his head that his little princess needed a castle to sleep in. He searched for plans to build one and found a company that sells the plans. He bought the plans, bought the wood and got to cutting. I gotta admit, I wasn't too sure about this project. But of course, he proved me wrong and busted out the most amazing castle bed you've ever seen. It's a bunk bed, so there's a little latter on the side where you can climb up to the top level. Scout really wanted a sister to share her bunk bed, so when she found out she'd bed getting one she was over the moon. She's recently become obsessed with the color purple, so she insisted that dad paint part of it purple. And because all she has to do is bat those pretty eyes at daddy to get whatever her heart desires, dad added some purple.
A more recent construction project involved knocking down walls, framing in new walls, dry wall, the whole deal. I believe it was last November when this project started, and it's slowly but surely coming together. Trent started framing in a new pantry in the existing formal dining room. The room was really big, so it just shrunk it down. The pantry is 95% finished, and will probably stay that way forever :) It just needs a few things, like a door. The plan was to build a new, bigger pantry, knock down the old pantry that's next to the fridge in the kitchen so that we could fit a large side by side fridge and freezer. The old pantry still needs to be knocked down (updates on that as soon as it's done).
During the building of the pantry, there was also a new mudroom being built. Where the door that went into the garage was, the wall was knocked out, and a new room was built (extending into the garage). I really wish I'd taken before and during pictures, because the transformation is pretty impressive. But unfortunately you'll just have to take my word for it, because all I have are after pictures :) After framing in and drywalling and all that business that takes place in building a room, the room got new tile, and then sat empty for quite a while. Finally Trent got up the motivation to build the mudroom lockers. They turned out pretty dang awesome if you ask me. I didn't even know I married such a handy man, so that was all just an added bonus when he starts busting stuff like this out.
Each kid has their own little locker and I'm certain they will keep their shoes nicely tucked in the baskets underneath and their jackets and backpacks hung nicely on the hooks where they belong :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






0 comments:
Post a Comment