Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Maxon's soccer camp



Cohen came up in June to go to a week long soccer camp with Maxon and Alex.  They had so much fun!  Maxon was so excited to go every day and I think he really learned a lot.  The kids were all divided up into 4 teams the first day and given a country as their name.  Maxon and Cohen were on Spain.  This is Maxon and Cohen with coach Sonny.  All the camp instructors had accents (I think they were Irish) so it made the camp seem more legit :)  
Photobucket

On Friday morning, the last day of camp, about 10 minutes after I dropped them off I got that dreaded phone call.  "Hello", "Is this Maxon's mom", "yes", "Maxon had a collision with an other kid and is bleeding pretty good in his mouth and I'm pretty sure his tooth is coming out".  Awesome!  So I headed back over to assess the damage.  The tooth looked pretty bad.  By the time I got there he had stopped crying but was still shaken up.  I took him home and it was literally minutes after I got home that our dentist's wife, who happens to be a good friend of mine, showed up at my house because she heard about his tooth.  She checked it out, took a picture and sent it to her hubby Dr. Brandon, and said she'd let me know what he thought.  A while later she called and said Dr. Brandon thought it probably needed to be pulled.  He was in the Saratoga Springs office that day so I called and they squeezed us in for that afternoon.  Maxon was feeling better and supposed to be going to a kid camp at the neighbors and decided he wanted to go.  So I took him over.  When I picked him up, Mykin (whose kids were doing the camp) was laughing so hard about what Maxon had done.  She said he was so concerned his tooth was going to fall out that he was scared to participate.  So he came inside and asked for a bag in case it fell out.  She gave him a plastic bag from wal mart and he put the handles over both ears so it hung down in front of his face!  That way, if the tooth fell out, the bag would conveniently catch it.  Such a resourceful little guy!
Photobucket

Dr. Brandon's son was at the camp with Maxon and told him his dad was going to have to give him a shot in his mouth.  Of course Maxon was then terrified to go see him.  After a little bribing I got him in the car and were on our way to the dentist.  I thought for sure I was going to have to hold him down for Dr. Brandon to give him a shot and pull the tooth.  Luckily, Maxon is the toughest kid on the planet and didn't even flinch at either!  The dentist couldn't believe it.  He just layed there perfectly still for the shot and then while he pulled it.  Proud mama.  So now my little guy has the cutest little toothless smile you'll ever see!
Photobucket

0 comments: