I've said it a million times, and will say it again, 4th of July in Blanding is the best! We got to Blanding the weekend before, and on Sunday we decided to go for a drive over Blue mountain. It is so pretty up there! It's been way too long since I've been up there. We stopped at one point to let the boys get out and run around.
Apparently Cohen has not quite adjusted into a country boy because he just wanted to stay in the car and play the iPod while Maxon and Oakley ran around and threw rocks off the cliff :) Scout fell asleep right after we got in the car, so she didn't really get to enjoy the beauty either. It was fun though, and definitely a Sunday tradition I miss from the good ole days.
Monday we woke up and tried our best to make it down to the park for the breakfast and patriotic program in the morning, but we barely got the last of what was served for breakfast. Then Maxon decided to dump an entire packet of blueberry syrup on his lap, so that was awesome. We went back to grandma and grandpa's to clean him up then found our spot on the south chapel lawn to watch the parade.
I took a lot of pictures at the parade but then didn't want to try and lug my camera around the rest of the day, so this is all I got. Besides being 4 billion degrees and super pregnant, the carnival was great! Delicious food, snow cones, carnival games and rides (although the rides were a little pathetic, but the kids still had fun). When we were all about to pass out from the heat we decided to go back to grandpa and grandma's and let the kids run through the sprinklers. While they were occupied there, Heather and I hit up the quilt show then grabbed some ice cream at The Old Bank Creamery. Later, Trent and I took Maxon and Cohen to the boxing matches. Maxon fell asleep on Trent and Cohen fell asleep on the bleachers. Poor little guys were beat! Later we got loaded up and headed down to fireworks. Maxon kept complaining his tummy hurt, and he wasn't kidding. He threw up, but luckily got most of it in a trash can. He said he felt better but then a little bit later said he was going to throw up again, which he did. He said he just wanted to go home, which meant missing the fireworks, so I knew he really wasn't feeling good. So we walked back to the car, stopping once at a trash can for him to throw up yet again. Poor little dude. I felt horrible! We made it back and brushed teeth and the kids both fell asleep in about 2 seconds. It was a great and exhausting day! I love America!










3 comments:
Scout's eyes are gorgeous! I love the close up pic of her. Glad you had a fabulous 4th!
I was thinking the exact same thing as Tima...love Scout's eyes. Too cute.
Blanding is the best huh? Even when it is 4 billion degrees. I was going to play in the volleyball tourney but the morning of, the fetus and I got cut off the team. They didn't think we should play in the heat. So I was "coach." I was there the whole stinkin' time and almost melted. That night I had some serious leg cramps. Probably a good thing I didn't play.
You got great pics. :) So cute. POST Stacy's pics so I can see them! :)
Post a Comment