That's right, even 8 months pregnant I braved a 4 day girls camp! I cheated a little and took our camper up there so I had a semi-comfy place to sleep. But I wasn't going to miss it. We seriously have the funnest, most awesome group of girls and leaders and I didn't wanna miss out on the fun.
So Tuesday morning we met at the church and loaded up! Another good thing was that we were just up American Fork canyon at Mutual Dell, only about a 20 minute drive from home.
We got to camp and the girls had everything set up in about an hour! After a little down time we introduced the camp theme, "Happily Ever After", and handed out all the girls their camp sweatpants (designed by yours truly) and buffs. Each tent had chosen a different fairy tale/disney movie (eg. Princess and the Frog, Tangled, Little Mermaid..) and got a different color buff.
After taking care of that business, we headed up to the ropes course. Even though the hike up was super short and only slightly inclined, it about killed me. I made it though, and even did the balancing/support wire with Mykin.
Apparently it was a kodak moment!
Later we had yummy dinner and wrapped things up and were off to bed for our beauty sleep.
Wednesday - After breakfast we were off to the lake for canoeing. I just watched from the sidelines. The girls played some games, and we managed to only have 1 canoe capsize. Apparently the water was pretty dang cold. The hike was next. I decided rather than having to birth my baby on the mountain I'd sit this one out. A few other leaders also headed back to camp with me. As we were sitting relaxing, we felt a couple rain drops, and within seconds it was downpouring!
Luckily, Cheryl's rain coat was big enough to fit me and my pregnant belly in with her!
The rest of the rainy day was mostly spent trying to find things to do under the pavilion, because the rain didn't really stop for more than a few minutes at a time. We managed though :)
Thursday- Luckily the rain stopped and the skies cleared up mid-morning. Time for the zip line! When it was my turn, I got all harnassed (?) up and a few of the leaders thought I was crazy for going. But at orientation a couple days early they were introducing all the staff that runs Mutual Dell, and said this is Sister so-and-so, and on her 92nd birthday she went down the zipline! So I figured if a 92 year old lady could handle it, an 8 month pregnant lady could too. And me and baby were just fine! Unfortunately I didn't get any pictures :(
Thursday night was the dinner with the Bishopric. It was super yum! Dutch oven veggies, and potatoes, marinated turkey breasts, and homemade rolls! I know everything tastes better when you're camping, but it really was delicious! After dinner it was time for all the leaders to humiliate ourselves (aka our skit, "So you think you can rap"). Christie (my fellow preggers leader) and I (aka Mama D and Mama C) rapped The Budha Belly Jiggle. It was pretty classic. I'm really hoping no one has any picture or even worse, video, evidence that it ever happened, but I'm afraid some of the girls snuck their cameras in. I've yet to see any of them though. Then it was time to bring things down a notch and we had the faith walk and testimony meeting. I was going to Blanding the next day to get me kiddos, and also for Oakley's baptism, so I skipped out of the last night of girls camp. I got home around 1 am, showered and climbed into my nice clean, warm, comfy bed!
It was such a fun week and I seriously feel so blessed to be able to work with these girls in Young Women's. We have the greatest group of girls ever!







0 comments:
Post a Comment