A paradise in winter wonderland! The hotel was beautiful and so relaxing. From our room window you could look out to the courtyard area with an outdoor heated (to 93 degrees) pool and hot tubs. The hot tub was calling our name all weekend, but unfortunately we didn't bring swim suits. It was outdoor and looked so fun to sit and relax while the snow came down on you. Note for next time, bring swim suits!Saturday morning we got up and had breakfast, then got geared up for some snowboarding. Right out side out hotel there was a gondola to take us up to The Canyons ski resort, so that was nice.

(Try to ignore Trent's mean face, if you haven't already figured out, Trent doesn't smile for pictures.)
It started snowing about noon, and that helped to pad my fall a little. After a few hours on the slopes, we called it a day and headed back to the hotel. We showered and got ready then went to dinner at Red Rock. Yum. Then we hit up the Outlet malls for a little Christmas shopping. We wanted to go to a movie that night since we rarely make it to a movie in the theatre. I had already seen Blindside a few weeks ago, but I loved it so much I wanted to go again. So after shopping we went to the movie. Loved it just as much the second time! After the movie, we retired back to the room, but not before stopping for ice cream. Sunday morning we woke up and after some deliberation, decided against a $50 room service breakfast. We packed up and grabbed some breakfast at Squatters then headed back to reality to find our 2 little munchkins. Of course they had a fun weekend with Aunt Stacy and Uncle Taylor, but were happy to see us! And we were very excited to see them. That's one good thing about having kids, it makes coming home from vacation not a total bummer.
It was an awesome weekend and I can't wait to do it again next year :)



2 comments:
Looks like lots of fun. I have wanted to try snowboarding/snow skiing. Hey I was wondering if you might be up for a photoshoot over christmas. It would be my family (Parnets and siblings) Let me know. If not don't stress its ok if you would rather just relax.
Happy 26th birthday!! Doesn't it feel old? I can say that because I'm 26 as well.:) Looks like you had a great birthday though!
Post a Comment