We spent a few days in Blanding for Christmas last week. With the whole family there, it was compete chaos, but that's why I loved it! Maxon was so excited for Sanca (not to be confused with the
Cool Runnings Jamaican pushcart champion Sanka). We arrived at Grandma and Grandpa's house Wednesday night... let the eating begin! The eating pretty much started the second we walked in, and didn't end until we got home. Thursday was spent mostly getting ready for the Halliday Christmas party that night. I did take a couple hour break to meet some girlfriends for lunch. The Christmas eve party was held at my parents house as usual, and as usual, was loud and crazy but lots of fun. We had dinner then I was in charge of the nativity that night. It's nice to be able to take a few minutes amongst all the craziness to remind us all that Christmas is about so much more than Santa and presents.

All the kids participated and did great with their parts. I have to say, the little sheep were extra cute! You may notice Camryn the wise-woman leading a donkey. You better believe that is a real donkey, and you better believe it's my parent's Christmas present from all of us!!

My dad meeting Paco for the first time. There were a few (Trent and Matt) who were skeptical about giving my dad a donkey, they thought there was no way in the world he actually wanted a donkey. I think after seeing his reaction to his surprise gift this night they were convinced maybe he actually did want a donkey :) My parents love Paco and have said many times that it is the most fun gift they have ever received.
After the Christmas party it was time to try and settle the kids down and get them to bed (not an easy task). I think Maxon finally went to bed at 10:30. When all the kids were tucked in bed, Santa crept into the house, and the next morning we woke up to this..

Maxon was a lot of fun this year! He was so excited about all his gifts and helped his little sister with hers.

(Someone should really help this poor girls hair!)
WIth 28 of us, you can imagine the madness. Luckily Santa got the message that we were all at Grandma and Grandpa's house.

We got to talk to Elder Lyman in France for a couple hours. He sounded great! We all stayed in our jammies all day and visited family and took naps. We had dinner at Grandma Black's that night then went back to mom and dad's and played games. It was an exhausting day, but so fun.
The next day we bundled up and left to do some sledding.

How stinkin cute is that?! This red snow suit has served the Lyman family well for many years. I think I probably have pictures of me in it when I was little. It was a little big on Scout, but we made it work and it got the job done.

Daddy and Maxon cruising down the hill. I didn't know how Maxon was going to react, it was a pretty big hill and you would go fast. He actually loved it though and kept asking to go more.

Even Scout gave it a go..




After sledding we warmed up with some hot chocolate.
That night we had another Christmas party, this time with the Lyman side. My dad found a super cabin/lodge up on the mountain you can rent so we had the party there. The cabin was amazing! We were all trying to figure out how to buy it. No luck on that though :(
Everyone packed up and went home Sunday. My kids were super spoiled, and my house has now officially been taken over by toys. It was so fun to spend time with the family. Some people cringe when I tell them about how many people were going to be there, but I wouldn't have it any other way! I hope your Christmas was as crazy and chaotic and great as ours!
3 comments:
Your party looked like so much fun! I love the sledding pics. Also thanks for the cute Christmas card.
I love the donkey!! So cute. Your manger is seen is great!
Looks like a fun Christmas! 28 people is alot! Our Christmas's are pretty small so it's hard for me to imagine but it sounds like fun!
Post a Comment