So last Saturday was Nicole Redd's bridal shower and Stacy and I decided we'd attempt making a cake for it. It was our first time at anything like this! Neither of us had ever made a 3 tier stacked cake and neither of us had ever attempted fondant. And to make things even more difficult we decided on a design where the cake is made to look crooked and whimsical. So, Thursday night, we tied up our aprons (ok, so only I actually wore an apron) and got to work.
And the best news is that summer has finally decided to grace us with it's presence! Last Friday we made our first trip to 7 peaks and it was a little chillier than I would have liked. Today, however, was great!


And Maxon of course loved it too. I was really concerned about being there without someone to help (I went with friends, but everyone had their own 2 kids to worry about), but it wasn't too bad. Maxon stays by me pretty good and we mostly just stay in the kiddie pool.
Taking a break for some snacks...
Scout LOVED the water! She would just sit there and splash and laugh and scream.
Scout sportin some OVERSIZED shades!
We will probably be going at least once a week as long as the weather lets us! So if anyone ever wants to join us we would love you to!!



4 comments:
I love the cake! I am very impressed!!
I wish I still lived there, I would be going to 7peaks with you all the time! I love that place!!!
That makes it nice that Maxon will hang out by you. I took Cash to baby hour yesterday and he was onery the whole time because he didn't want me to hold him in the water!!! Ugh, and then when it was over and nobody else was in the pool he made a mad dash to the water and I had to sprint my pregnant body over there and grab him before he went in.
Making cakes is so much fun huh, but pretty stressful, especially if it's for a wedding! You guys did good. I want that chocolate/bavarian layer right now!
Nice job on the cake!! It looks awesome! I didn't know Nicole is getting married! That's awesome! 7 peaks looks super fun! If I was anywhere near I would love to join you at 7 peaks! Fun!!
Trent just saw that picture of Scout and said there is not another person that looks more like you. That is okay, McKay is Trent's twin! Your family is so cute! We want to go to Seven Peaks one day soon so email me your phone number so I can call ya, thalliday77@msn.com, Love ya miss ya
Tanya
Post a Comment