I seem to be in a week late blogging slump. For some reason I seem to be posting everything a week after it happens. Oh well. Anyway, I did my 2nd triathlon on the 13th in Pleasant Grove. It was a backwards one so it went run, bike, swim. I definitely like the swim first better, but it wasn't too bad. My friend Elyssa joined me this time...

Here's me and Elyssa running. The run was hard because for about the first mile to mile and a half it was a pretty good incline. No one likes to run up hill! But luckily the second half was down hill, so we survived. It was a 5k run, so about 3.1 miles.

The bike was a little shorter than the last triathlon, but was definitely harder. It was a 4.25 mile loop that you did twice, so 8 1/2 miles total. The first part of the course was a very steep hill that made me want to die, and luckily I got to do it twice! Again, as soon as you made it up the hill, the rest of the course was downhill.

The swim was a little chaotic. It was a snake swim so you swam down the right hand side of the lane, then back on the other side. Then you'd cross under the rope and do the same down the next lane, and so forth. You were in a lane with a bunch of people, but the worst part was that half the time you were in shallow water so there were people who just ran through the water when they could touch. I guess it wasn't against the rules, but still so annoying! Anyway, I finished the swim and didn't drown and crossed the finish line at 1 hour 24 minutes. The weather was absolutely perfect again and I really couldn't have wished for better. There was a little drizzle when we got there in the morning, which stopped right as we started the run. But it was still cloudy and cool so it was great!

Here's me and Elyssa with our sweet metals. (No we didn't win anything, everyone got one :) 2 down, next is the Hillman in Blanding on July 25th! I'm way scared! It's open water and the bike and run course is seriously hilly! Anyone wanna join me?
5 comments:
Geeze! I can't wait to start working out again, but I don't know if I could do as much as you! I'm impressed- I've never done a triathlon and it sure doesn't look easy!
I'm so not ready for the Hillman. I tried to just do 1/2 of the biking followed by 1/2 of the running the other day and I almost died. I'm not sure I'm going to be ready either but even if I have to crawl across the finish line I will- or you can carry me!!
you girls are studs!!
Look at you marathon girl! 3 marathons in one summer? That's awesome!
That's my girl! Just like her old man . . . NOT!
Way to go Wellie.
(Dad)
Post a Comment