A lot has happened since my last update. Trent made it home safe from the Philippines and Maxon and I made it home from Blanding. After just a few days of settling in back at home, I took off for NY to visit Stacy and Taylor. Stacy took a job with Goldman Sacs and had to move out to NY for training for about 2 1/2 months so my sisters and I decided it was the perfect chance for a girls trip. I decided trying to take a baby to NY wouldn't be so easy, so he stayed home with daddy. Marilyn and I took the red eye on Wednesday night and got to NY on Thursday morning at about 6 AM. I was so proud of myself for not getting sick on the flight there, but I guess I was just saving it for the cab ride to the apt. Once we made it to the apt we were pretty exhausted, and Stacy had to work that day, so we took a nap for a few hours. After we slept for a while, we got up and got some lunch then walked to China town. We ended up in the food market part of China town, not exactly where the tourists are. We were pretty much the only whities there. After walking around there for a while, we went back home. When Stacy got home from work we took the subway to Times Square, then walked to Magnolia Bakery (famous for their cupcakes) and bought a few cupcakes, and by a few, I mean 27! Then we walked across Central Park (a little scary at night, but we made it), and walked up 5th ave, then caught a cab back to the apt and hit the hay.
Mom, Dad, Kristi and Josh got there the next morning at 6 AM. They took a little nap and then we hit the town. We walked to Battery Park, and on the way stopped at the World Trade Center site. When we got the Battery park we took a ferry to Liberty Island and walked around the Statue of Liberty. It was super cold if you can't tell from the picture. We hopped back on to the ferry and went to Ellis Island. After the ferry ride back, we found some lunch, then it started to pour so we all had to go buy umbrellas. We took the subway uptown and went to the Rockefeller Center. Since it was so rainy and foggy, we decided it would be kinda pointless to pay to go to the top since we wouldn't be able to see much. So we left and went and found some dinner, then went home and went to bed.
Saturday morning, we woke up to more rain, so we got bundled, got the umbrellas out, and headed out. We took the subway, and went to Central Park. We walked through Central Park and ended up at FAO Shwartz. We walked around there for a while, bought a few little toys, and played the big piano that you step on (the one on the movie "Big"). While we were there, we saw "John and Kate plus 8". If you've seen the show on TLC about the couple that has twin daughters that are like 7 or 8 years old, and then they have sextuplets that are like 3, that's who John and Kate plus 8 are. Pretty exciting! After some shopping, we left to find some lunch and do some more shopping. That night we went to "Grease". When we got out of the theatre, it was super super cold!! The wind was blowing like crazy, and it was just bitter cold! We ate some dinner, and finally got back to the apt at around 2:30 and went to sleep.
Sunday, after mom and dad and Stacy and Taylor went to church, we all went to China town where we did some serious purse shopping! Some of the shops that sell the fake knockoff purses take you into a secret back room to see the purses. I wanted to buy a Chanel bag, so I asked a lady if she had any and she said, "yes follow me!" She took off up the street a couple blocks and we were basically running to keep up with her. When we finally got to her "shop" it was an old building that looked deserted. She opened this old door and told us to come in. We were a little skeptical to follow, especially my dad, but we went in. When we went in it was an old empty room and she told us to keep following and led us through another door then pointed down a narrow steep concrete stairway and said "go down there, my sister is down there". At this point my dad was saying "uh, guys! No! Let's not go down there", so we decided it did look a little scary and turned around and left. Of course the Chinese lady started chasing after us, yelling at us in Chinese! It was an experience! Luckily, I found my Chanel bag in a little less scary secret room. Somehow, I ended up buying 3 bags! Everyone else bought their fair share also. That night we decided since it had stopped raining and was pretty clear, we'd give the Rockefeller Center another try. It was pretty cold at the top, but of course had amazing views of NYC! Since we had to get up early to catch the flight home, we all went back to the apt and crashed.
It was a very fun, exhausting trip! I was ready to get home. I missed Maxon more than anything! I was afraid he wasn't going to remember me. Or if he did remember me, I thought he was going to be mad at me for abandoning him. Luckily, he was just as happy to see me, as I was to see him! Him and daddy had some good bonding time!



2 comments:
That sounds like a way fun trip!! I had no idea Stacy was living in New York!! I haven't been to New York for a long time but if I ever go again I'll remember not to follow little Chinese ladies down a dark alley and into abandoned buildings!:)
Yea, i am totally stoked about the cake thing. I think that we will come up with something beautiful. The pic you sent is alot like what we have in mind, we want to do more detail on a couple layers though. We've been sketching out pictures all day today. Hopefully we dont have any distasters and it will go down as one of the coolest cakes in 08!
Post a Comment