Thursday, January 23, 2014

Christmas once again..



I'm trying my best to not get so far behind in blogging that I just give up, but I just don't have the time like I used to.  Christmas 2013 must be documented!  We all gathered at grandma and grandpa Lyman's in Blanding, all 15 adults and 19 grandkids!  For me, that's what Christmas is all about.  Being with family.  Whether that means all crazy 34 of us, or just my little family (althought, 6 doesn't feel small unless comparing it to 34).  The week before going to Blanding I was talking to Scout, telling her that we (me and the kids) would go down a few days early then daddy would meet us down there on Tuesday.  And she got worried and said, "but when will daddy get there?"  I told her he'd be there on Tuesday, the day before Christmas.  She was relieved and said, "good, because Christmas is about family and celebrating Jesus' birth, and we couldn't have Christmas without daddy."  Made me smile.  As stubborn and wild as she is, she is also very sweet and I love that girl to death.  We had the usual family Christmas parties with all my cousins.  Monday night celebrating with the Lyman side, and Tuesday night celebrating with the Halliday side.  Those of you who know both families can probably guess which party was a little louder and crazier :)  Grandma has been working on putting together a bunch of nativity costumes, so Christmas eve the kids got to try them out.


They turned out great.  Grandpa Halliday used to always tell the Christmas story by memory, and since he's no longer here to do that my dad decided to take over that responsibility.  He did great and it was nice to have a minute to think about Grandpa H and how much I love and miss him.


Christmas morning madness!

Denver is absolutely obsessed with Monster's Inc and I just knew all he needed was a Sully and Mike Wizowski to be happy.

Scout and Maxon both got Nabi 2's, it's a kids tablet.  They were pretty excited about them and have gotten some good use out of them.  Scout also got some American Girl doll accessories that she loves.

Santa brought laser tag guns for all the kids.  They LOVE them!  They're way fun for us all to play.

It's funny how I used to think that being a kid on Christmas was the greatest thing in the world.  It turns out, seeing your own kids on Christmas is even better!

2013 was one for the books!  The biggest blessing of all being another sweet baby girl added to the family.  We are all completely in love with sweet Rome.  I live for my family.  I have the best hubby in the world who supports me in all I do and let's me be me.  My kids are so lucky to have him as a daddy, he's the actual best.  And I thank my Heavenly Father every day for blessing me with the 4 greatest kids on the planet.  They each bring something different and unique to the family, and each test me as a mom in different ways.  I love them all to the moon and back!

0 comments: