Wednesday, May 5, 2010

How does your garden grow??



I decided to try my hand at gardening this year. I don't know a whole lot about it, so I spent quite a while reading tips online. We don't have much space for a garden, so I decided a small raised bed would probably be my best chance. Trent and I built the frame and got it all situated where we wanted it, then I headed to the nursery for soil and to buy a couple plants I thought were ok to plant while it was still a little cold. The nursery lady told me as long as I covered the tomatoes and peppers they should be ok to plant now. So, instead of just doing the onions and strawberries, I bought everything and got them home and in the ground.




Here's my cute little garden on day 1. (4/11/10) The left box has 2 tomato plants in the back, and green onions in the front. The middle box has 3 different pepper plants in the back and I think about 7 onions in the front, and the box on the right has 5 strawberry plants.


3 1/2 weeks later, and everything is still alive!

(5/5/10)

I even have some strawberries that are about ready!

We have another set of 3 boxes by these, but haven't planted anything in them yet. Still trying to decide what to put in them, any suggestions?

I'm sure you will all be as excited as me to know how my little plants are doing, don't worry, I will keep you posted!

4 comments:

Andy & Alicia said...

Very cute boxes! I'm impressed. My suggestion for your other box is zucchini or some kind of squash, maybe cucumbers? MMM, I love gardens!

Brittany said...

Fun stuff!!! There is nothing better than fresh fruits and veggies! Yummy!

Inouyes said...

I love it! Oooh now I want to go get one now :) I saw on FB that you got it at costco right? Luv ya!

Jess said...

That is awesome!!! You amaze me yet again! Hope everything tastes as good as it looks. (I'm sure it will.)

I would try some kind of melon. Cantelope, watermelon? If you like little green onions, I did some of those last year and loved them!

Good luck girl, looks great!