Friday, April 9, 2010

Happy Easter



We spent last weekend in Blanding to celebrate Easter. The kids love playing at gramma and grampa's, and especially love it when there's cousins everywhere to play with. Addi and Scout were so cute together all weekend playing, and one morning we found Addi burying Scout in the basket of stuffed animals.
Saturday we headed out to Recapture Pockets for our Easter picnic. We've been going here for our Easter picnic since I was little, and my dad says he even remembers going here growing up, so I guess you could say it's tradition.
Addi and Scout once again being buddies.


Daddy and Maxon climbing the rocks.


They made it to the top!


2 of the coolest old people I know. My grandma Black and Grandpa Halliday.

The starting line for the Easter egg hunt. We were a little shorter on kids this year than usual, but definitely not short on eggs. We hid over 400 eggs, and I think there were 12 kids! I'm sure all the kids are still on a sugar high from all the candy.


Daddy helping Maxon find his 33 eggs...


I don't think Scout quite made it to 33 eggs, but she had plenty!

The weather was a little chilly and windy when we first got there, but actually warmed up and turned out to be a way nice day. We had subway sandwiches along with all the traditional Easter picnic food (potato salad, deviled eggs..). Then we played a little volleyball and after many many tries, we finally made it from A-Z and decided to call it a day.

After the morning session of conference on Sunday, Trent, Matt and Lexi headed home. I stayed down with the kids for a couple days, and came home Tuesday. Always fun times with the fam!

0 comments: