Wednesday, March 24, 2010

It started with a prayer..



And ended with a broken nose! I find it funny that I can go my whole life playing all kinds of sports with almost no major injuries, but a casual ladies pickup church ball game sends me home with a fat lip and a broken nose! A few weeks ago I was playing basketball with some girls at a church in AF like I do every Monday morning, when there was a loose ball that I of course took off full speed to get and collided into another girls face! Fortunately for her, her nose was stronger than mine and survived the collision. My nose, however, did not. I went into the bathroom to clean up my lip that was bleeding and when I looked in the mirror my nose just didn't look quite right. I found an ENT Dr. through another girl that plays with us at the church (and has broken her nose 3 times from "casual" church ball games) and gave him a call. I saw him a couple days later and he confirmed it was broken and would need surgery to be fixed correctly. Awesome! Of course I had to wait a couple weeks to finish out our city league basketball season. I have never had a black eye and was kinda hoping that if I had to break my nose at least I'd get some sweet black eyes.. Nope! A little swelling for a couple days, and that was it. I thought maybe the surgery would give me some, but nope, no luck. All I have to show for it now is a sweet looking brace on my nose...


This picture was taken 1 day after surgery. I had to make myself somewhat presentable to go set up the wedding cake I did for a girl in my ward, and this is the best I could do. As bad as this picture is, the only others I have were taken by Trent on his phone as I'm like still totally drugged and laying in recovery trying to figure out why it feels like someone is spinning me in circles and smashing me in the face with a hammer as I pass by them.

The day of surgery I thought I was going to die. 100 times more painful than actually breaking my nose. Luckily, I'm feeling much better now and I think I'm going to pull through!

4 comments:

Inouyes said...

Ouch that sucks! Hope you are feeling better :( but, you still did a great job with the wedding cake even with your battle wound "SUPERWOMAN!"..LOL Luv ya!

Brittany said...

And you'll never play church ball again right??:) Seriously it's brutal!! You poor thing though. At least you got a sweet nose brace.:)

JEN MARX said...

Nice! Church ball is brutal! :)

Doug and Kim Conant said...

keep playin...we'd die without you! It's just that we were all jealous of your good looks and your speed - had to do something about the one we could do something about!