Tuesday, October 27, 2009

My baby girl is 1 year old!



My baby girl is 1 year old! For her birthday we took a trip to the mall and pierced her cute little ears!
I've been debating whether or not to do it basically since she was born, but I finally talked myself into it. I was really just dreading seeing the crying right after it happened, but it actually wasn't so bad. She cried for a couple seconds, then the girl handed her a sucker, and she was just fine! She looks so cute and I'm glad I did it. I'm really nervous about them getting infected, so I've been cleaning them like 3 times a day and trying my best to keep them clean.


Her birthday was on Wednesday and we planned her party for Friday.




We invited all of her (and our) friends and partied! We had Smokehouse BBQ cater because I decided it was the best decision I made when I did it for Maxon's 1st birthday. A lot goes into planning a first birthday party and thinking of making food for everyone on top of all that I did makes me want to pass out. The food was great and all we had to do was pick it up from the restaurant. I made butterfly cupcakes for everyone....



I just wanted the party to be girly and pink, and I think I accomplished that. Last year for Maxon's birthday I attempted to make him a giant cupcake cake, and failed miserably! So this year I was determined to redeem myself. Let's just say, it went much smoother!





We stripped her down and let her go to town!





She was a little slow getting started, so Maxon had to show her what to do!


She eventually figured it out! She didn't get anywhere near as messy as Maxon did at his first birthday, but she did some pretty good damage.



After cake, we opened presents. All the other kids were big helpers and she was very excited about all the fun stuff!
The party was lots of fun. Thank you to all who came to wish Scout a happy birthday!




Scout is just starting to figure out walking. At her birthday party actually was the first time she's taken more than just 1 or 2 steps before falling. It won't be long before she gives up crawling. She now has 7 teeth. The top front 4, and 3 on the bottom. She is a great eater. She will eat almost anything and I don't know if the girl ever gets full. I just stop feeding her when I feel like she's going to explode if I feed her anymore. And then she almost always gets mad when I tell her it's all gone. She hasn't had her 1 year check up yet so I don't know where she's at height and weight wise. She is a very fun and happy girl. She loves to giggle and play. She likes to just climb all over you and laugh. She gets more and more fun and I can't believe she's 1!




Dear Scout,




I love you more than you will ever know. When you joined our family, you brought such a light into our home. You have always been such a happy smily girl and your smile brightens any room. Your little giggle has a way of warming my soul no matter what my mood is. Your big brown eyes will get you far in life. One look, and you have anyone wrapped around your finger. You are such a smart girl and you amaze me every day with the things you do. Behind all your sweetness, you also have a little sassy side. I guess that comes from having to hold your own against Maxon. Even though you are only 1 year old, I can't help but think of what your future holds. Just know that whatever comes your way, your daddy and I will ALWAYS be here for you! You will always be my little girl and I will love you forever and ever! I love you boo!




Love, mom

3 comments:

Jenn C. said...

She is so adorable! I love all of the pictures you take of her. Those cupcakes are so cute!

Inouyes said...

She is so cute Happy Bday Scout!

Jessica said...

She is beautiful. Looks like a fun day!