Last week Maxon, Scout and I decided to leave daddy behind and head down to Blanding early to hang out for a few days before he joined us on Wednesday. Maxon hung out with Logan every day and loved every second of it. They spent a lot of time out in the sand box and jumping on the tramp. They also loved drawing on the sidewalk with chalk. Logan is the funniest kid and says the funniest things! They were out drawing with the chalk and he came running in and said "I have a great idea. We need some tape!". I said, "what are you going to do with the tape?" Logan- "We're going to tape chalk to our bums!" Me-"Why would you tape chalk to your bums?" Logan- "So we can be shooter guys!" Where in the world does this kid come up with these things?! He seriously cracks me up.
Their artwork...
Trent, and all my siblings came down Wednesday night. Thursday morning we all headed over to Monticello for the sealing of Deco, Kera and baby Aleyah.
It was a special day and little baby Aleyah looked so sweet and perfect. Here's the Lyman crew at the temple after the sealing. That afternoon, Deco blessed baby Aleyah and then that night we had a big open house/bbq at my parents house. All the kids ran around outside and played.

Here's Maxon playing with Jensen and Logi on the tramp.
My mom did a great job in planning the food for the event. She always way outdoes herself, but no one ever complains! It was delicious!

The road to Ouray is a windy road and Maxon got car sick and threw up :( Luckily he felt much better when we got there.


The spread...
Friday morning we all loaded up to go to the Colorado cabin for our annual Lyman Labor Day weekend fest. There were 27 people and 5 dogs. The whole Lyman crew minus Josh and Kolton. We were all a little worried about how little sleep we would all get because 3 of those 27 people were babies and the odds weren't good that they'd all sleep good. Somehow we lucked out and I think everyone actually slept good, even the babies!
Saturday we went to Ouray, a super cute little town a couple hours from the cabin. It's near Telluride, tucked up in some huge mountains, so it is BEAUTIFUL! There are some hot spring pools that are as warm as bath water there that we like to go to while we're out there. Everyone enjoyed the swimming.
Saturday night, we returned to the cabin and geared up for the BYU/Oklahoma football game! It was an awesome game..


Go Cougs!!!
Besides swimming and watching football, we rode grandma's horses and rode 4 wheelers.
Cody and Panda
Maxon mostly just managed to raise havoc with Cohen all weekend. Here they are going for a walk.
They were outside playing so I decided I better go check on them. I found them here...
in grandma and grandpa's trailer tent! They had found some leftover candy from the treasure hunt and decided to finish it off.
We were inside and Maxon and Cohen were out playing so I decided to go and check on them... here's what I looked out the window to find...
Cohen was just potty trained and thought it was cool that he was allowed to just pee outside. Apparently Maxon thought it was pretty cool. When I looked out the window Maxon was standing there with his pants down with his diaper in his hands. This picture was taken just after he threw his diaper down that hill! What would we do without little boys?!
Sunday afternoon grandma planned a fun treasure hunt to entertain all the kids for a while. Here's the little kids on their treasure hunt.
Sunday afternoon Scout woke up from her nap really grouchy and felt a little warm. After a couple hours she was burning up and clearly not feeling good. I felt so bad for her! Luckily aunt Heather had some Tylenol, so after taking some of that, and taking a bath, she started feeling a little better and ended up sleeping great that night. I was afraid it was going to be a night like I had envisioned with babies crying and no one sleeping, but luckily she slept like a baby.


Daddy could have sat there all night and cuddled her!
I couldn't resist a picture of Logan in this sweet get up!
And last but not least...
It was such a fun week playing in Blanding, seeing Deco's family sealed, baby Aleyah's blessing, and playing hard at the cabin. I'm so glad I have such a great family and awesome parents who plan fun things. It was a great weekend and I can't wait for next year!



3 comments:
It is fun to see the same post with a twist on everyone's point of view. It was fun and overall the kids did great!
I look at those pics and it makes me want to be with all of you guys! I love you guys and all your fun activites!
I love puzzles too! It's been a while since I've done one though. :) Looks like lots of fun!
Post a Comment