Monday, May 18, 2009

The 2 things I hate most!



If you know me very well, you know 2 of the things I hate most are running and waking up early.  Somehow the last 2 Saturdays I convinced myself to do both.  2 weeks ago my friend Elyssa motivated me to sign up for the Race for the Cure 5k up in Salt Lake.  Saturday morning I woke up bright and early and laced up my running shoes and ran with Elyssa.  I didn't know if I'd even be able to run the whole way, but I did it.  So that's all that matters.  Last week I decided I hadn't had enough of the early morning running, so I signed up for another 5k.  This one was at Thanksgiving Point and the course was all through the gardens so it was a really pretty run.  My parents were going to be up here so I talked them into running with me.  And it took a little convincing, but I also got Marilyn in on it.  Lexi babysat and slept over on Friday night, then Saturday morning she decided she wanted to run too, so she borrowed some of my tennis shoes (a size and a half too small).  I also talked my friend Emily into running too.  Her and I finished with a time of 29 minutes 21 seconds.  Not too shabby...

My parents are the best!  Mom finished 7th in her age group and dad was 6th in his!



Poor Lex had to take her shoes off half way through and run in her socks since the shoes were too small!  

5 comments:

Cheyn said...

dang noelle - i like the cake, and the bike. You should post recipes on here cause when i see the food you make on here i want to eat my screen. good luck in the triathalon. Post how it goes!

Jolynne said...

Way to go Noelle! That's awesome!

Brittany said...

Way to go Lymans, that's awesome!! I love running but I've never ran a 5K or anything. Sounds fun though!

Andy & Alicia said...

I hate running too. I want to like it, I really do. Maybe after I have the baby I can get motivated by re-reading this post and start running. Good Luck in the Triathalon. That is definently an accomplishment!

Emily said...

Wow your parents did do awesome! Thanks for letting me go...I needed it!