We had a wonderful Christmas this year. It was the first in 29 years that I haven't been at my mom and dad's. I guess I gotta grow up now. I was sad to miss the usual Christmas parties and traditions that I've done every year for as long as I can remember, but also excited to get to start new traditions with my little family. I tried my best to make it a memorable Christmas for my kids and hopefully start some fun traditions of our own.
Christmas Eve -
We spent Christmas eve with Grandma DeGroot & Chad and Jessica's family at our house. We started out with a buffet of appetizer/finger food, where we all stuffed our faces. After eating, the kids did a little nativity while dad read the Christmas story from the bible.
Wyatt and Maxon as shepards, Alex as Joseph, Scout at Mary and Parker as a cute little sheep (Denver was supposed to be a sheep too. Mom got a little busy and didn't have time to make his costume). After the nativity, the kids played bingo for a bit until they just couldn't possibly wait another second to open their cousin gifts.
Denver enjoying his red velvet cupcake. And the kids all ready for bed in their Christmas jammies.
Just before bed, the kids put out a Christmas cupcake (thought we'd shake it up a little) and milk for Santa, then sprinkled some reindeer food on the grass to be sure they could find our house. Then it was off to bed. Maxon and Scout both slept in Scout's bed. It took them a while to fall asleep, but eventually they were off dreaming of Santa.
Christmas morning-
The kids were so excited to wake up to their stockings filled and presents under the tree. They wasted no time in digging in.
And this is what my house looked like for about a week...
We did stick to 1 Lyman tradition and had biscuits and gravy for breakfast. Not sure where that tradition came from, but I'm sticking with it.
Christmas was a success. I loved getting to be with my little family, and as long as we get to be together, it doesn't matter where we are. Seeing the joy on their little faces is all I ever need for Christmas!









0 comments:
Post a Comment