Sunday morning we packed up once again and loaded the Fiat for our drive to Rome. My friend Ellen had told me about this cool little city on the way to Rome called Orvieto that I wanted to stop at for lunch. Even though we only spent a few hours there, I loved it so much I thought it deserved it's own post. It is this awesome ancient that sits on top of this huge cliff. In this center of the city is this massive Cathedral that is just beautiful. After walking around a while there I really wished we could have spent a night in one of the cute little B&B's and explored a little more. They had the cutest little shops and all kinds of restaurants that I'm sure are delish! I read that the city has caves and tunnels beneath the surface that you can take guided tours through, wish we could have done that! Unfortunately we spent just enough time there to walk through the cathedral, check out a few fun little shops and have a delicious panini, then we were back in our Fiat headed for Rome.


The cathedral
Luckily I wore my bright blue pants so you can spot me :)
I know I say this about every place we went, but I really wish we had a little more time in Orvieto. It was definitely the least touristy place we visited, it was just so quaint and charming and made me smile. Next stop... Rome!






0 comments:
Post a Comment