I hosted our annual Lyman girls weekend a couple weeks ago and it was a blast.

I have to admit, I did slack on my hosting responsibilities just a little this year. I usually make something to send to all the little girls with their invitations, and I didn't this year :( I kept trying to come up with something and just never did. But nonetheless, it was still super fun. We decided this year to extend it to a full weekend, rather than just one night. Friday night we left the littles with the other girls, and all the adults got to go out to dinner. We went to La Jolla Grove in Provo and ate enough lemon cake to last us a while. Before coming home we hit up the cute little toy store "Blickenstaff's", then came home and got everyone ready for bed. Scout was the first to hit the hay.
Saturday was spent doing projects. We sewed skirts (I messed up the waist band on mine, and was too mad about it to take a picture), and grandma helped the littlel girls make "burrito babies". There were other projects going on too, but it was too chaotic to get pictures of everything.
After the 17th trip to Wal Mart, I made chicken crepes that night. Yum! After dinner we set up the chocolate fondue and went to town!
Maxon getting in on the action
Next, it was on to the auction. Everyone brings a gift to auction off. Monopoly money is given to everyone, then each item is concealed and auctioned off. Fun stuff.
Then, it was time to get jammies on and bed down for the movie. We (and by we, I mean everyone else, I didn't see 2 seconds of it) watched Dolphin Tale.
In the morning we had yummy breakfast and washed it down with my new favorite thing in the world, a Hawaiian Lava Flow (strawberry pina colada). I'm pretty sure this is what they drink in heaven, it's that good.
It was a great weekend and I always love spending time with my mom and sisters and nieces. Everyone was able to make it this year, but of course I failed to get a picture of everyone :( Thanks mom, Marilyn, Heather, Kristi, Stacy, Kera, Lexi, Jensen, Addi, Livvy, Camryn, Palmer, Melody, Aleyah and Scout for coming!











1 comments:
Dang! Can I be a Lyman next year for the 4th annual get-together???
Post a Comment