Another season of tot soccer came and went. Maxon played in the spring season soccer and let's just say it wasn't super successful. Last year he had a hard time at the beginning but by the last game was good to go and would go out and run and play and even kick the ball every now and then. I thought this season would be even better because he would know what to expect. I was wrong. He didn't know anybody on his team and I think that was probably a big reason why he just didn't really want anything to do with it. The first game he just kinda walked around on the field with his head down and didn't go anywhere near the ball. Second game, he wouldn't even get out of the car. 3rd game, after a little bribing, he promised to at least go on the field and run around. He tried real hard to make it seem like he was happy to be there, and he ran around, but made sure to stay a good 5 feet or so behind the pack of kids with the ball. Nope, didn't touch the ball once cuz "the other kids ran faster that he did". In fact, I think the ball actually rolled right to him and even touched his foot, but he kinda turned and just ran the other way. 4th and final game went about like game 3. He at least ran around on the field, but did his best to stay just far enough behind the pack so he wouldn't have to kick the ball. He did get up the courage to kick it a couple times, so that was an improvement I guess.
Maybe soccer just isn't his thing. Maybe he's more of an individual/no contact sport kinda guy, like cross country?
Maxon also finished up his first year of preschool. He has had so much fun in preschool this year and has learned a lot. A few weeks ago we were watching some show together and they said the pledge of allegiance on the show and he said, "hey I know how to say that". I was like, you do? He's like ya, and then continued to say the entire pledge! I was super impressed and of course thought he was the smartest kid on the planet! Plus the way he says it is like the cutest thing you'll ever hear! I guess at his preschool they say it every day, and I didn't even know. Anyway, last Friday was the class party and last day of school. Scout and I went for the last little bit of it so I could take some pictures.
This isn't a very good picture but this is Maxon and his buddy JJ. Ever since the beginning of the preschool year, whenever I'd ask Maxon who his buddies at preschool were, he always always said JJ. And he could never even remember anyone elses name. But always talked about JJ.
And this is Maxon with his awesome teacher Mrs. Redd. He loves her, and most days when I would go pick him up he'd run over and give her a big hug (I think he may have even kissed her a couple times) and tell her bye. He is already asking when he gets to go to preschool again and can't wait until next year! I can't believe how big he is getting! I swear everyday I look at him he looks bigger and more grown up and it's freaking me out! But he's such a good kid and I love him to death!









0 comments:
Post a Comment