It's official, I only have 1 kid in diapers! The last few weeks Maxon has gotten really interested in going pee in the potty, once or twice a day he would come up to me and say, "mom I need to go pee", so I'd take him to the potty, and he'd sit there and pee. His best little buddy Cohen has been potty trained for a while and every time he's over here and goes potty Maxon does too. And I guess whenever Maxon is at Cohen's house he goes when Cohen goes there too. So anyway, I just decided I might as well try now while he's excited about it, and I'm so glad I did! I've heard nightmare stories about potty training (24 accidents a day!) so of course I was a little scared. But I kept telling myself that Maxon is ready and picks things up quickly and would do great. And he did! My sis-in-law Heather told me she used a 3 day potty training method, so I found it online here where you could buy and download it. You have to basically commit 3 days of your life to not leaving the house and focusing all your attention on the kid. So we cleared our schedule (as if I have a schedule) and Tuesday morning after Scout was taken to Heather's for the day (thanks again Heather, you saved me!) I let Maxon throw away his pull-ups and diapers and put on his first pair of big boy underwear. He was super excited, and of course picked the Cars underwear. Well, in the next 4 hours, things weren't looking great and he'd had 4 accidents. About 1:00, I was feeling like any minute now it was going to click and he was going to tell me he needed to pee BEFORE he actually peed, and then it happened again. I think it was about this time that I called Trent and told him he might not want to come home for a few days but could he stop at the store on his way home and buy more Clorox wipes! I was feeling a little frustrated, but kept telling myself it was only halfway into day 1 of 3 days. Well, luckily, Maxon really is a smart kid and picks up on stuff really quickly and we didn't have any more accidents that night. When I put him to bed I didn't really know what to expect, but mostly I planned on him peeing the bed. About 5 AM I heard him get up so I ran upstairs and said do you need to go potty, and he said ya, and he went pee, then went back to bed. In the morning I was shocked that he'd made it through the night with no accidents! Day 2, Heather was awesome enough to offer to take Scout again, so we continued our potty training journey. Maxon did awesome! Told me throughout the day when he needed to pee, and didn't have an accident, until.... he got upset about something and threw a huge tantrum that evening, which was followed by peeing his pants. That night he made it through again with no accidents and has since been accident free! He may have a few cavities from all the treats he got from going pee, but at least I'm not changing anymore of his diapers! Good job little man!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



4 comments:
Way to go Maxon!! I am so proud of him! But Noelle, you got off easy. Lucky!
that is so great!!
Little kids in underwear are so cute.:) Way to go Maxon!!
Good job Max! Luv the undies ;)
Post a Comment